For the Oil:
2 Strands of Rosemary, Stalked
5 Strands of Mint, Leaves Picked
Hand full of Thyme
Hand full of Origanum
½ Handful of Marjoram
1 Spring Onion
4 Sage Leaves
2 Cloves of Garlic
1cup Green Olive Oil
¼ t Salt, Maldon
12 Lamb Cutlets, Trimmed
1. Remove all the twigs and stalks and place the Herbs, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, and half of the Olive Oil in a blender.
2. Start blending on medium speed.
3. Increase the speed and slowly add more olive oil. Season with Salt and Pepper.
4. Check the consistency – if it is too “paste-like”, add more olive oil. If it looks “runny” enough, then do not add all the olive oil. It should not be a Pesto and still have a runny consistency. Blend until semi smooth.
5. This oil can be frozen into an Ice Tray, then once frozen, all the cubes can be stored in a freezer baggie. Use a cube in Stews, Sauces, Soups as a flavour component when Cooking.
6. Turn the oven on 180◦ Celsius.
7. Place Lamb Cutlets on a baking tray and season with Salt and Pepper.
8. Drizzle with the Green Herb Oil.
9. Grill in the oven for 10 minutes, then turn the Lamb. Grill for another 10minutes.
10. Then place under the Grill Element on High Heat for a few minutes just until you see nice grilled edges. Make sure you are standing by as to not burn the Lamb!
11. Serve the Lamb on Creamy Parmesan Polenta with a Herby Leaf Salad and Lemon Wedges.