2 kg Fresh Ripe Roma Tomatoes, Pricked
500ml Vegetable Stock
Dash of Olive Oil
Salt to Taste
Pepper to Taste
Fat Bundle Herbs from the Garden, Washed and Tied
1 Garlic Bulb, Skin on, Halved Horizontally
- Roast the ingredients for 45 minutes to one hour on 200◦ Remove from the oven and cool.
- Remove the Skins and set them aside for the Compost Heap or Dry in a Dehydrator to make Tomato Powder.
- Remove the Roasted Garlic Cloves from the Garlic Skin, Herbs from Stalks and discard the Stalks and Skin (keep the herbs).
- Using a Stick Blender, pulp the Vegetables and Herbs together with the Stock into a chunky sauce of your desired thickness.
- At this point, you can keep the Pips in or strain them out through a sieve, it is up to you! 😊
- Add a dash of Olive oil, Salt and Pepper. Add freshly chopped Basil and stir into the sauce.
- Gently bring to the boil and remove from the stove.
Place in sterilized jars and keep in the refrigerator as a Refrigerator Tomato Base Sauce to Bolognaise, Lasagne or Tomato Based Variety Sauces. This sauce keeps well in the freezer.