1L Fresh Cream
4 Tbsp Lemon Juice (1.5 Lemons)
(One Lemon approximately contains 45ml of juice)
- Place the Cream in a Medium Sized Pot over a Double Boiler or place the Pot onto a griddle rack so that there is no direct heat on the bottom of the pot (*See my DIY Bellissimo Mascarpone Video Clip on YouTube). Cook over Medium Heat.
- Bring the Cream to 82◦C while stirring often to loosen any cream proteins sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Place a Candy Thermometer into the Cream, place the lid ajar onto the cream and gently allow the temperature to rise while stirring often.
- Add the Lemon juice and gently stir into the Cream. You will notice it is slightly starting to thicken up. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat, place the lid on and cool to room temperature for one hour.
- Line a Medium Sized Colander with Muslin Cloth or a Thin Tea towel, fasten with clips and place over a Bowl. Pour the cooled Cream Mixture into the Lined Colander.
- Cover with the lid and place in the refrigerator with the bowl beneath the Cheese for 24 hours.
- The following day, use the drained off Whey Water in as an Acidic Organic Garden Fertilizer.
- The Cheese is ready to be used and will be thick, creamy and the perfect ingredient to Tiramisù Fantasia (*See Video on YouTube + Recipe on Pronto Pesto Blog!).
- Your Mascarpone will keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Enjoy. For Cream Cheese, add an extra half of Lemon juice to the Warm Cream and Strain for 5 more Hours.