12 Medium Tart Apples (I use Pink Lady Apples)
Juice and Zest of 1 Lemon
4 Tbsp Cinnamon Sugar (Brown Sugar & Cinnamon)
5ml Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat a Dehydrator to 135◦F or 52◦C or heat the Oven to 200◦F or 90◦C.
2. Wash, dry and core the apples. Slice them into fine rings.
3. Place all the ingredients in a Ziplock Baggie, seal and move them around to spread the Flavouring Agents. Macerate (Sweet version of Marinate) the Apples for 10 minutes.
4. Arrange the slices in a single layer onto dehydration or oven racks.
5. For Crisp Apples, Dehydrate for 12 hours or 2-3 hours in the oven. For soft pliable Cinnamon Apples, dehydrate 5-6 hours in the Dehydrator and 1-2 hours in the oven.
6. Store in airtight containers in the pantry or freezer. Keeps well for up to 6 months.