4 Extra Large Free Range Egg Yolks
4 Tbsp Castor Sugar
100 ml Sweet Wine (Marsala, Muscato, Porto)
1 t Orange, Lemon or Tangerine Zest
Pinch of Salt
- Beat the Yolks and Sugar over a Double Boiler (do not overheat) until pale and tick, leaving behind a “8” trail on top of the mixture (“Ribbon Stage”).
- Add the Sweet Wine, Zest and Salt while constantly whisking.
- Remove from heat and serve with Segmented Citrus or Poached Pears.
- This “Egg Custard” cannot be reheated and is made to order and served immediately!
- Add half a scraped Vanilla Pod, Pinch of Ground Cardamom, Cinnamon, 1t Coffee Liqueur or 1t of Rose Water for a luxurious variation.