1 c Cream
½ c Fond Brun or Blanc (Brown or White Stock)
3 Tbsp Green Peppercorns
1 Tbsp Chives, Chopped
1 Tbsp Italian Parsley, Chopped
50g Butter, Salted (3.5 Tbsp)
25g Flour (1.5 Tbsp)
1 t English Mustard Powder
½ t Jalapeño, Chopped Fine
Pinch of Salt
- Crush half the Peppercorns and set aside.
- Make a Roux: melt the Butter, remove from the heat, add the Flour. Stir.
- Add the Crushed Peppercorns, Mustard Powder and Salt.
- Gradually add the Fond (Stock) and blend until smooth.
- Lightly Rub the Steak with Oil, Salt and Pepper. Panfry starting with the fatty side and do 5 minutes per side according to the thickness of the cut for Medium Rare. Set aside to rest for half its cooking time.
- Place the Steak’s Pan Juices into the Stock and Roux. Blend in.
- Return to the heat and thicken while stirring constantly.
- Add the Cream and rest of the Ingredients. Taste to see if it needs Seasoning.
- Serve over the Steak with Pan Grilled Veggies.
- For a little bit of kick, add a pinch of Cayenne Pepper.